Wardy Turkle Assignment

Connected but Alone 


Liz Wardy
October 4th, 2019
Andy Bryce

My use of technology is like most students of this generation.
As the older generation’s may say, we are addicted to our phones and the internet.
Even if I don’t need to look at my phone, I will continue to pull it out of my bag or occasionally look at it for any notifications.
Ironically the other night I felt panic when I couldn’t find my phone while watching a video and realized I had left it in the other room to charge.
It’s scary to think we are entirely dependent on technology, as if a solar flare was to occur many lives would be in trouble.
While I don’t think the advancements in smartphones are typically bad, I believe some people need to be reminded that they are still in the real world, and they have their own responsibilities.
While I agree it’s extremely awkward hanging out with a group of friends who are all on their phones, I can’t deny it’s a good way to pass time.

Comments

  1. I completely agree with your post Liz. So many times, even when I don't really need to, I check my phone to see if I've gotten any messages from my friends or notifications. But yeah, people don't really have to be online all the time, it's not like their real life is just gonna go on pause for them while online.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CMNS Photo Assignment

Social Media 2 Way Communication