Social Media 2 Way Communication

CMNS 150

Social Media 2 Way Communication

Dec. 3rd, 2019

Liz Wardy


It's no shock that everyone is enveloped in social media, one way or another, regardless in their views of using technology all day. It is one of the most common ways of communication, and one of the most useful, just trailing behind interpersonal because of the feedback is stronger in interpersonal. Social media creates the chance to create, share, and learn and frankly I love social media. I love looking at art in different forms on the internet shared by my friends, family, or complete strangers. I also tend to be the type of person that prefers staying home most nights so being able to talk to people regardless of where I am makes me feel more secure. Most say social media is a cover up, but I find it's a way to show true colors for those that are too shy to. While social media today is always caught up in controversies relating to data mining, Facebook, Google, Twitter, and etc are always the most used sites on the internet and will probably remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Comments

  1. Your positive spin on the permeability of social media in modern society brings me warmth, Liz. As an optimist myself, I like to hope that the benefits of digital technology and social media outweigh the negative effects it bears, such as increased surveillance and the monetization of user information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CMNS Photo Assignment

Wardy Turkle Assignment